Damage to your roof due to hail, rain and wind storms can be extensive. This counts as a loss on your homeowner’s policy, but when Big Ike’s Roofing Co is involved in the repair process, homeowners don’t have to worry about getting stuck with enormous costs involved when dealing with your insurance company. We are willing to meet with adjusters and walk you through the entire process to ensure it goes smoothly. These forms of natural disasters aren’t considered a ding in your insurance history and won’t leave you with higher rates in the future. We work hand in hand with you for whatever the cost your insurance company is willing to pay, and only supply our customers with the highest quality roof repairs or replacements. This may be an ideal time to take advantage of significant upgrades we offer as incentive for our customers including 3-tab shingles or architectural shingles for no additional cost.
Roof Damage Insurance Claim Process
When we are dealing with insurance claims for roof repairs due to storm damage, we ask that certain steps are taken to ensure the process is a smooth one.
1. Insurance Adjusters Report– By supplying us with your insurance adjusters report, we are able to gauge the amount of work needed to complete the job. We want to ensure the report was fairly evaluated and that all repairs will be covered that needs to be completed.
2. If any repairs are needed that aren’t mentioned in the report, we compare our notes with theirs and make any supplements needed in case something was missed.
3. All signed contracts are then faxed to the insurance company for approval.
What Do We Look for When Inspecting Your Roof for Storm Damage?
Your roof needs to be able to withstand the harsh elements nature throws its way. Sometimes, the storms are too strong and your roof sustains damage. When a roofing expert at Big Ike’s Roofing Co comes to inspect your roof after a storm, here are some of the things we look for:
• Check for Leaks & Water Damage– One of the first things we look for is water damage due to leaking in your attic. This may or may not include water damage to your walls and drywall as well.
• Visually Inspect for Damage– Usually, with storm damage, you can see missing shingles and other damage from the ground. This may include damage to your chimney as well if you have one.
• Look for Hazardous Trees– This is one of the most destructive results of storm damage and can be very dangerous.
• Inspect for Hail Damage– Unlike wind or rain damage, hail damage appears as small dimples in your siding.
Roofing Repairs, Replacements & More in Bloomfield Hills, Canton, Farmington Hills, Milford, New Hudson, Northville, Novi, South Lyon, Wixom, Dexter, Plymouth, Saline, Brighton & Greater Ann Arbor, Michigan
If your roof and home have sustained any damage due to rain, wind or hail storms, it is imperative that the repairs are done as soon as possible to avoid further damage. The roofing experts at Big Ike’s Roofing Co will work with you and your insurance company to make sure your roof is fixed and your home is kept safe. Contact us for all your roofing needs!